By Gerd Luippold
By Marcus Hasselhorn
English precis: How do humans study and the way can they be helped? This textbook offers theories and empirical reviews that offer a base for profitable studying and instructing. the overall and person requisites for winning studying and educating in addition to the specialities caused by the variations of the novices. equipment of pedagogic-psychological suggestion and intervention in case of unsuccessful studying and instructing are coated. German description: Wie lernen Menschen und wie kann guy ihnen dabei helfen? In diesem Lehrbuch geht es um Theorien und empirische Befunde, auf deren Grundlage erfolgreiches Lernen und Lehren moglich ist. Dargestellt werden die allgemeinen und individuellen Voraussetzungen erfolgreichen Lernens und Lehrens sowie die aus der Unterschiedlichkeit der Lernenden resultierenden Besonderheiten. Auch Massnahmen der padagogisch-psychologischen Beratung und Intervention, wenn der Erfolg des Lernens und/oder Lehrens ausbleibt, werden behandelt. "Was Studierende der Psychologie und auch des Lehramts insbesondere mogen werden, ist die sehr klare Gliederung und die ebenso klare und verstandliche Ausdrucksweise der Autoren. In diesem Lehrbuch ist es gelungen, die gute Lesbarkeit mit wissenschaftlicher Prazision und Aktualitat zu kombinieren." Prof. Dr. Jens Moller, Universitat Kiel
By John S. Dacey, Lisa B. Fiore, Steven Brion-Meisels
Your kid's Social and Emotional Well-Being provides a realistic consultant jam-packed with confirmed suggestions for selling social and emotional studying (SEL) talents in teenagers elderly 4-16.
- A sensible advisor designed to aid mom and dad and schooling execs in constructing social and emotional abilities in youngsters, a sort of studying that may be overlooked in formal education
- Demonstrates the best way to foster social and emotional studying (SEL) at domestic and within the lecture room, and indicates how mom and dad and pros can interact for success
- Includes a wealth of workouts for selling social and emotional wellness, in addition to tips, instruments, and assurance of latest advancements akin to computer-assisted instruction
- Written by way of authors with a wealth of functional and writing experience
By José Biller, Gregory Gruener, Paul Brazis
The vintage step by step consultant to studying how one can practice the diagnostic neurologic exam – now in complete colour "This is a superb e-book that would be very worthy for studying the neurologic exam. you possibly can learn, good illustrated, and interactive. The artwork and technology of neurology is continually evolving and books needs to remain present with the to be had literature. This 6th variation offers up to date details, illustrations, and references which are essential to remain proper to neurology this day. three Stars."--Doody's evaluate provider “Excellent. the knowledge is specific, pertinent, and excellently prepared. what's striking is the quite entire, attention-grabbing, and priceless info it includes. the writer is clearly a very good clinician and instructor who has taught a long time. you can still simply observe that [DeMyer’s] ebook includes the distilled better of his educating experiences.” --Archive of inner medication* “The booklet offers even more details than the name indicates; it has first-class elements on neuroanatomy and scientific neurosciences.” --Four Stars (Excellent) from Mayo health center court cases* For greater than 4 many years, DeMyer’s The Neurologic exam has supplied neurologists and psychiatrists in education with a uniquely transparent and didactic approach of studying the complex means of utilizing the actual exam to diagnose neurologic ailment. This relied on vintage additionally stories the anatomy and body structure essential to interpret the exam, and it info the laboratory assessments most suitable for a specific medical challenge. using a proven-effective, learn-at-your-own-pace educating technique, DeMyer’s lets you paintings via real-life scientific events and rehearse the talents and approaches that make the neurologic exam effective for either sufferer and clinician. additionally, you will how one can tailor the examination for various scientific wishes, together with: The subconscious sufferer The Face and Head imaginative and prescient The Peripheral Ocular Motor process The critical Ocular Motor process Cerebellar disorder The Somatic Motor process The distinct Senses DeMyer’s The Neurologic exam contains a new full-color presentation that incorporates the most recent imaging modalities for assessing sickness, questions and solutions that can assist you video display your development, and content material that displays the information and adventure of remarkable teachers/clinicians.
By Mary P. Harward MD
Medical secrets and techniques is an easy-to-read, best-selling quantity within the secrets and techniques Series®, excellent to be used in clerkships, for board prep, or as a convenient scientific reference. Mary P. Harward, MD offers middle scientific wisdom within the depended on question-and-answer layout that will help you larger meet the demanding situations you face each day.
- Prepare successfully with the confirmed question-and-answer layout of the hugely acclaimed secrets and techniques Series®.
- Master all universal stipulations and their treatments.
- Identify key proof and secrets and techniques utilizing the "Top a hundred secrets and techniques" section.
- Review fabric speedy because of bulleted lists, tables, and brief answers.
- Apply pearls, assistance, reminiscence aids, and "secrets" from specialists within the field.
- Stay present at the newest criteria in remedy due to broad updates, together with new chapters on scientific Ethics, Vascular medication, and Palliative Medicine.
- Get the most recent key details at a look with over 30 new tables and several other new figures.
- Consult the e-book at any place you move because of the moveable dimension that matches on your lab coat pocket.
- Find details simply utilizing the two-color web page format, "Key issues" bins, and a hugely precise index.
By Graham J. Towl
This updated assortment starts off with an account and research of the function of psychologists in prisons in terms of examine. seems to be on the result of proof established mental methods to operating with prisoners. First 1/2 the e-book has its fundamental specialise in mental evaluate learn. contains chapters on mental examine on suicide, bullying, existence sentenced prisoners and employees sickness.
By Gregory A. Kimble, C. Alan Boneau, Michael Wertheimer
During the last century, a number of women and men have solid psychology right into a dynamic technology, forsaking a wealthy legacy of leading edge study and theoretical views. The volumes within the images of Pioneers in Psychology sequence chronicle the lives of those giants within the box and description their impacts on psychology this day. the purpose of this booklet is to advertise psychology's appreciation of those occasionally missed giants within the box. during the exam of those members, the readers will come to appreciate particular faculties, fields, and views in psychology, and should achieve an appreciation of the way psychology has developed, in either technique and concentration, through the years.
By Jessica Rosenberg
After graduating, scholars in social paintings are confronted with the daunting and annoying determination of selecting their uniqueness from the numerous which are on hand to them. JessicaRosenberg has designed this guidebook to make this technique more uncomplicated, offering scholars with actual international and functional information regarding what it truly is prefer to paintings as a social worker. Each bankruptcy covers a unique perform surroundings, comparable to baby welfare, gerontology, and addictions, and follows a similar format. the sphere assessment and Forecast describes the social worker’s function, scope of prone, and rising concerns and employment trends. The serious matters part comprises an interview with a longtime expert in his or her selected box, delivering a glance into their own trips as they stepped forward via their careers. A vignette written through a practitioner of their quarter of strong point makes-up the 1st individual Narrative, offering the reader with a glance on the joys and demanding situations of operating in that exact field. Each bankruptcy then concludes with priceless assets to benefit extra, akin to books and internet sites, in addition to information regarding uniqueness credentials and academic courses and centres. Those coming into the social paintings box will locate this an indispensible consultant as they choose their area of expertise and start their profession.
By Sharon Straus, David Sackett
Mentorship in educational Medicine is an evidence-based advisor for constructing and protecting profitable mentoring relationships for either mentors and mentees.
Drawing upon the present evidence-base on educational mentoring in drugs and the well-being sciences, it applies a case-stimulus studying method of the typical demanding situations and possibilities in mentorship in educational medication. each one bankruptcy starts with circumstances that take the reader into the facts round particular concerns in mentorship and gives actionable messages and suggestions for either correcting and fighting the issues provided within the cases.
Accompanying the textual content is an interactive, on-line studying source on mentorship. This e-tool offers up-to-date assets for mentors and mentees, together with videos and podcasts with powerful mentors who percentage their mentorship counsel and methods for powerful mentorship. It additionally presents up to date departmental and institutional techniques for setting up, operating, and comparing powerful mentoring programs.
Mentorship in educational Medicine offers worthy ideas and strategies for overcoming the typical difficulties and flaws in mentoring courses and fostering efficient and profitable mentoring relationships and is a precious consultant for either mentors and mentees.
By Linda S. Costanzo PhD
Clear, constant, and straightforward, the up-to-date version of Physiology, by way of well known body structure teacher Dr. Linda Costanzo, deals a entire assessment of middle physiologic suggestions on the organ process and mobile degrees. It offers info in a brief, uncomplicated, and centred demeanour, making it an ideal blend textbook and overview advisor for the USMLE Step 1. you are going to grasp the entire crucial and suitable body structure wisdom you need for absolute luck at school and in your tests!
- Build a robust figuring out of the underlying ideas of mobile body structure, the autonomic frightened approach, and neurophysiology, in addition to the cardiovascular, respiration, renal, acid-base, gastrointestinal, endocrine, and reproductive organ systems.\
- Grasp body structure ideas with absolute clarity via step by step reasons, easy-to-follow diagrams, and a full-color layout, as well as physiology equations and pattern problems built-in through the text.
- Effortlessly examine very important points and reinforce your understanding of physiology with the aid of bankruptcy summaries and evaluation questions.
- Access the whole contents on-line at pupil seek advice, including a picture financial institution, eight animations, ''Ask the Author'' part, and FAQs.
- Master the newest body structure concepts with elevated insurance on electrochemical using forces throughout mobilephone membranes; the mobile mechanisms in soft muscle; moment messengers (including JAK-Stat pathway); the consequences of AII, PGs, NSAIDs on RPF, GFR, filtration fraction, and proximal reabsorption; and native reflexes eager about peristalsis.
- Reinforce your figuring out of key content with assistance from extra questions on the finish of every bankruptcy provided in an open-ended, problem-solving format.