By G. Fletcher
During this new number of essays, starting from biography to severe surveys of opinion, the occasions of Robertson's existence and profession, his contributions to economics, the all-important impact of temperament at the improvement of his notion, his courting with Keynes and the problems in his competition to the Keynesian revolution are thought of.
Read or Download Dennis Robertson: Essays on His Life and Work PDF
Similar economic theory books
This ebook explains the talk over the Cambridge controversies of the Nineteen Sixties and Seventies. In a compelling and complete argument, Birner discusses the most contributions to the talk in a chain of case stories. He steadily develops a methodological version of idealizations that explains either the growth of the talk and the historic ironies surrounding it.
Herreros examines from the floor up, and from first ideas, how social capital is shaped. He offers targeted realization to "particularized trust," the byproduct of associational participation, and its courting to generalized social belief. He argues that social capital, the assets drawn from tasks of reciprocity and knowledge, derives from participation in social networks, together with voluntary institutions.
The production of monetary associations that may functionality good lower than large uncertainties -- Black Swans -- is comparable to the dilemmas confronting our hunter-gatherer forefathers within the face of large-scale ecological unpredictability. the last word answer used to be no longer the improvement of an excellent hunter-gatherer know-how which could journey out repeated disaster, yet fairly the discovery, in neolithic occasions, of culturally-adapted 'farmed' ecosystems developed to maximise foodstuff yield and reduce dangers of famine.
Becoming overseas exchange has helped elevate residing criteria worldwide, and but unfastened alternate is usually lower than assault. Critics bitch that alternate forces painful fiscal alterations, akin to plant closings and layoffs of staff, and cost that the realm alternate association serves the pursuits of organisations, undercuts family environmental laws, and erodes America's sovereignty.
- Richard T. Ely’s Critique of Capitalism
- Saving the Market from Capitalism: Ideas for an Alternative Finance
- Evolutionary Psychology and Economic Theory, Volume 7 (Advances in Austrian Economics)
- Dennis Robertson: Essays on His Life and Work
- Essays on Economics and Economists
- Contemporary Economic Theory: Radical Critiques of Neoliberalism
Extra resources for Dennis Robertson: Essays on His Life and Work
Robertson on Industrial Fluctuation, London: Macmillan. H. 1915, A Study of Industrial Fluctuation: An Enquiry into the Character and Causes of the So-Called Cyclical Movements of Trade, London: PS King. H. 1922, Money, Cambridge Economic Handbooks II, London: Nisbet. H. 1923a, The Control of Industry, Cambridge Economic Handbooks IV, reprinted 1924, London: Nisbet. H. 1923b, The Ebb and Flow of Unemployment, ‘The New Way’ Series No. 6, London: The Daily News. H. 1926, Banking Policy and the Price Level: An Essay in the Theory of the Trade Cycle, London: PS King.
323) The first part of the quotation is referred to twice in the text of the ensuing chapter and the second part is also used on the title page of LEP. The White Knight, banished from Money nevertheless makes two entirely successful appearances in COI. Chapter IX, ‘Collectivism and Communism’, is headed by the quotation in which he casts doubt on the likelihood of an ultimately desired outcome, the collectivist ideal, ever being realised: ‘Well, not the next day’, the Knight repeated as before: ‘not the next day.
98; and Hicks, 1966, p. 26). Finally, we might refer to the ‘Alice’ quotation that stands on the title page of Robertson’s shortest, most forbidding book – and one which is otherwise a literary wasteland – BPPL. ’ ‘A nasty vicious temper’, the Red Queen remarked. (TLG, p. 319) Needless to say it turned up again – in ‘The Trade Cycle: An Academic View’, 1937 (in Hicks, 1966, p. 94). III The second category of references is labelled ‘Bible’ and encompasses those made to the Authorised Version of the Bible (1611) and the Book of Common Prayer (1662).