By Mary P. Harward MD
Medical secrets and techniques is an easy-to-read, best-selling quantity within the secrets and techniques Series®, excellent to be used in clerkships, for board prep, or as a convenient scientific reference. Mary P. Harward, MD offers middle scientific wisdom within the depended on question-and-answer layout that will help you larger meet the demanding situations you face each day.
- Prepare successfully with the confirmed question-and-answer layout of the hugely acclaimed secrets and techniques Series®.
- Master all universal stipulations and their treatments.
- Identify key proof and secrets and techniques utilizing the "Top a hundred secrets and techniques" section.
- Review fabric speedy because of bulleted lists, tables, and brief answers.
- Apply pearls, assistance, reminiscence aids, and "secrets" from specialists within the field.
- Stay present at the newest criteria in remedy due to broad updates, together with new chapters on scientific Ethics, Vascular medication, and Palliative Medicine.
- Get the most recent key details at a look with over 30 new tables and several other new figures.
- Consult the e-book at any place you move because of the moveable dimension that matches on your lab coat pocket.
- Find details simply utilizing the two-color web page format, "Key issues" bins, and a hugely precise index.
Read Online or Download Medical Secrets, 5e PDF
Best education & training books
Compliment for teaching Physicians "Educating Physicians presents a masterful research of undergraduate and graduate clinical schooling within the usa this day. It represents an important academic rfile, established firmly on academic psychology, studying thought, empirical experiences, and cautious own observations of many person courses.
Literacy is believed to be one of many fundamental cultural transmitters of knowledge and ideology inside of any society the place it exists. but, while regarded as a social phenomenon, literacy is remarkably tough to outline, simply because its capabilities, meanings, and strategies of studying range from one cultural team to the subsequent.
Thoroughly up-to-date, revised, and accelerated, this fourth version is a "survival guide" for brand spanking new academics, supplying the most up-tp-date pondering in undergraduate nursing schooling for ADN-BSN degrees. also, it serves as a accomplished consultant for the beginner educator in all features of lecture room and scientific instructing.
This research considers the instabilities that outcome whilst an electron beam is injected right into a plasma. a few assorted versions of the method are thought of, and all instabilities are categorized in accordance with whether or not they are convective instabilities (amplifying waves) or nonconvective (absolute) instabilities.
Extra resources for Medical Secrets, 5e
What are some of the early signs and symptoms of anorexia nervosa? & Amenorrhea & Weight loss & Distorted body image (feeling “fat” even though clearly emaciated) 154. What skin finding is associated with anorexia nervosa? Lanugo (abnormal fine hair growth on the arms and legs). 155. What is the CAGE test? A reliable screening test for alcoholism. A positive answer to at least two of the questions warrants further evaluation for possible alcoholism. C ¼ Have you every felt the need to cut down on drinking?
Barker LR, Fiebach NH, Kern DE, et al, editors: Principles of Ambulatory Medicine, ed 7, Philadelphia, 2006, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2. Cassell EJ: Talking with Patients, Cambridge, MA, 1985, MIT Press. 3. Couhelan JL, Block MR: The Medical Interview: A Primer for Students of the Art, ed 2, Philadelphia, 2005, FA Davis. 4. Fletcher RH, Fletcher SW: Clinical Epidemiology. The Essentials, ed 4, Philadelphia, 2005, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 5. Goroll AH, Mulley AG, editors: Primary Care Medicine.
The risk assessment tool from the Framingham Heart Study can be calculated online and includes assessment based on sex, age, total cholesterol, tobacco use, HDL cholesterol level, and systolic BP (treated or untreated). usertype¼prof. 36. List the lipid-lowering agents. See Table 2-2. 37. What is the New York Heart Association (NYHA) classification of congestive heart failure? The NYHA classifies patients with known cardiac disease into four classes based on functional capacity and objective assessment (Table 2-3).